Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Journey Begins...

It all began in August 2004 when I became unexpectedly pregnant (but delighted all the same). Sadly a few weeks after finding out (& Paul & I getting over the shock of pending parenthood) I lost our baby "binka" (which is winnie-the-poohs imaginary friend) at 6 weeks. After alot of thought we decided that we quite liked the idea of becoming parents sooner rather than later and started our TTC (trying to concieve) journey in October 2004.

After getting married in March 2005 (the best day of our lives) I still didnt seem to be ovulating so went to my GP and in July 2005 after tests I was diagnosed with PCOS (polycycstic overies). I joined fertility friend not long after that to temp & try to get me ovulating again & TTC naturally, inconjunction with losing weight.

Today I ovulate on my own but my cycles are too long for me to be able to concieve naturally so on March 22nd I will be going for a Fertility Appointment at Fertility Plus in Greenlane. Hopefully there I will get some answers to my questions & hopefully come away with a perscription for Clmoid which will get the ball rolling in the right direction (& we may even end up with twins as that is one of the side effects of taking such medication)

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Just wanted to wish you lots of babydust luck! :)

Anonymous said...

hi Sylvo - all the best for the 22nd. i will be thinking of you guys and would love to hear how things go if you want to share!

thinking of you!